1. Yes, his name is really spelled like that.
2. He lives in the middle of nowhere and he likes it that way.
3. He used to have a blog about his cat, but he wasn’t very good at posting and his cat made him give it up.
4. His first publication was an article about weightlifting. He was inspired by reading one-too-many issues of Men’s Health.
5. His favorite ice cream flavor is Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. It’s been his favorite flavor since he was 7 years old, so be careful when you pick your favorite flavor – you might be stuck with it for a long time.
6. He’s married to a poet. She writes much more serious stuff than he does. Her poetry will probably change the world. Jaramy’s just hoping someone, somewhere, will read a funny line he’s written and laugh milk out of their nose.
7. He sent his very first young adult short story into a contest and won. Holly Black picked the winner, which is pretty cool. (If you’re interested, you can read it here.) He’s never written another young adult short story, which is pretty silly, since apparently he’s good at it.
8. By day he works as a Senior Technical Writer for a an app company. If he were a superhero, he would probably choose a secret identity more removed from his evening authorings…but he doesn’t have any super powers (that he knows of yet), and really likes to write.
9. If he could meet any author in the world it would be Louis Sachar. He’s read Holes more than any other book. Except maybe The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. He would like to meet Douglas Adams too, but that would be pretty hard.
10. At this very moment, he is probably working on another middle grade novel, or at least thinking about one. Then again, he might be fixing himself a strong cup of Chai tea…because shouldn’t there always be Chai tea?